Monday, July 20, 2009

Otis

We finally broke down and got the girls a dog. It's been two years since we lost our beloved Ali (our Golden Retriever) and so we agreed. I had 3 rules...it can't shed, must be housetrained, and needs to be out of the puppy stage. As you can imagine it took some time to find a dog like this. The girls were getting impatient. I really wanted a cockapoo but we ended up with a mutt. He's a cross between a yorkie and a cairin terrior....looks like Toto or Benji. The first couple of days were great...then Otis's true personality came out. I got 1 1/2 of my wishes. He doesn't shed, he's crate trained, and mostly house trained....but he's ALL PUPPY! We have discovered that a can full of pennies works wonders at breaking bad habits. For the most part the girls and I are growing to enjoy him...Mike not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment