Monday, July 20, 2009

My Prognosis

For all those of you who have been concerned with my weight loss and health I finally have a prognosis. I was diagnosed with Grave's Disease. Pretty much it is that my immune system attacked my thryroid and now my thyroid produces too much of a hormone. One of the worst side affects is that it increases my heartbeat to an unsafe amout so now I'm taking heart medicine until I go through treatment. This week I'm having a radioactive iodine scan that will determine the cause and treatment. The doctor has told me that pretty much the best treatment is radiation in a pill. It will kill the thyroid. The good news is my heart will go back to normal but the bad news is that I could then have hypothryoid disease, but I can take medicine for that and go on with life as normal.
I'll try to update this blog after my treatment. Please pray for us and especially for my girls as I can't be around them for 3 days after the treatment.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging!! I love it! Although since I've started my Facebook account, I haven't kept up with my blogging. My blog is www.sulayneandtony.blogspot.com if you want to check it out. I'm glad that you have a prognosis and will be praying for your treatment and for you and your family. Hope to see you at Cristie's on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you started a blog! I'm going to put a link to it on mine if you don't care. I'm going to have you in my prayers this week as you begin your plan of action. I'm sure it may be scary but I'm glad you finally know what is wrong and it sounds like you are going to be on the road to fixing all of it.

    ReplyDelete