Saturday, October 3, 2009

Long over due update

It's been a while since I've updated the blog...sorry. I can honestlly say there wasn't much to say about my treatment. It's been about 7-8 weeks since my treatment and I've begun seeing a change about 2 weeks ago. I have to admit I'm not enjoying or liking what I see. I'm gaining weight, 5 pounds this week!, so tired I can't stand it but can't sleep. I am having some very dry skin issues which come with this and just don't feel myself. The worse thing is I can't excercise beyond stretching and resistance training. I can't do anything that would cause me to break a sweat as it will put stress on my heart. The nurse told me that will all go back to normal and I can excercise again once I'm on the hormone and stable. I spoke with the nurse, who was fabulous, and she explained that this is all part of it. The doctor told me I would feel worse before I felt better so I guess I'm in the middle of it. I'm going to start going for bloodwork checks every two weeks now. Once I hit a certain level the doctor will start me on the thyroid hormone and all should return to life as I knew it before all this! I just pray I don't gain too much weight. I admit that 112 pounds was a little too small for me. I'd be fine with where I'm at now but don't want any more pounds. The nurse said I could lose the weight but it would be very hard and slow. So for now if you have room in your prayers please pray for strength as I am going to need it to keep up with my family and work. I am also trying to keep a very happy heart. I know God brought me to this and HE will get me through it. I am blessed in so many ways that this is just a bump in the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment