Saturday, October 3, 2009

My Maggie

I know I created this blog to keep family and friends updated on my diagnosis, but just have to take time to talk about my beautiful girls! Even though they fight like sisters, I still think they are the best!
Maggie is winding down her fall soccer season with the Netsurfers Futball Club. The team has grown so much with their skills. We are now wininng and tieing more than losing! We played in a tourney last weekend in Louisville and we beat a good team from Louisville and only lost 4-5 to one of the best teams. Maggie scored 3 goals on Saturday!!!! On Sunday, she played mostly defense but had a great pass to score and anticipated a shot from the other team and came out of nowhere to stop it! Thank goodnes because our goalie wasn't quite ready for the shot! I'm so proud of her footskills and all her improvements on the field. She is having fun playing and we are having fun cheering for her and the team.

Maggie has also been working very hard to make the SpellBowl team at Silver Creek. This was a hard task as there are about 280 kids in grades 4 and 5 and they only pick 15. Her teacher said 4th graders don't usually make it. But, of course those of you that know her well know that was all it took. So Maggie made the team! The fun thing is I'm the SpellBowl coach at my school so we'll be competing against each other. Sadly, she knows more words than me right now.

Maggie's also still tumbling away. She flips backhandsprings like it's second nature. She's working on mastering her back tuck and front limber. With her detemination she'll be doing both independently by next month.

I love Maggie's dedication to life. I could learn from her as I enjoy relaxing more. I'm so proud of who she's becoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment